Effective – February 15, 2023
Date September 13, 2023
Muuvr (the organization) is an activity-tracking rewards and motivation experience available on iOS and Google smartphones. It connects to various fitness devices and platforms, including, but not limited to, Garmin watches, Apple watches, Samsung watches, Whoop, TrainingPeaks, and Zwift.
The primary function of the experience is to motivate users through relevant and engaging rewards, competitions, group activities, and community participation.
Muuvr is a social platform. Therefore your profile information, including personal details such as location data, heart rate data, power data, and general information that relates to your activities and progress, is shared with other users.
It is possible through the course of the organization’s dealings that opportunities arise for your information to be shared with other businesses and services. This may be for various reasons, including, but not limited to, improving your Muuvr experience, providing data for personalized marketing, and providing data for use in scientific studies. In any event, details of the information being shared will be clearly defined, and your explicit consent will be obtained at the time of sharing.
Privacy, transparency, and the ownership of your data are important to us. We want to ensure you understand how we collect, use and share the personal information we obtain when interacting with Muuvr experiences.
The purpose of this document is to inform you about how your information is collected, processed, and shared. If anything remains unclear, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of your query.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
To participate in the Muuvr experience, you are required to create an account. To create an account, you need to provide the following:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Date of birth
This information must not be fabricated to ensure the best experiences for you and those around you. It must accurately reflect your real-world existence and remain updated at all times.
Information We Collect
Throughout your participation or use of the Muuvr experience, we also collect information on the following:
- What type of sport you are interested in
- Avatar customization preferences and NFT collections
- Details of any recorded training objectives
- Advertisements and promotions you see and your interactions with them
- We store any in-app communications, such as Kudos given and chat transcripts, to ensure Muuvr community standards and behaviors are adhered to. These transcripts may be released for broader consideration or released for peer review.
- If you choose to activate the Muuvr Membership, payment preferences are stored with our payment partners (such as Apple and Google) to enable us to provide you with enhanced services.
Information About Your Activities
- One of Muuvr’s primary uses is to enable access to motivating experiences based on your physical activities. To do this, we must collect information about activities. This will include, but is not limited to:
- The type of exercise/activity
- How far you move during an exercise/activity
- Your GPS and location data during an exercise/activity
- Your heart rate and associated analysis during an exercise/activity
- Your preferred Unit of measurement
- Any sectors you complete and your performance for these sectors
- How long you are active during an exercise/activity
- Your elevation data during an exercise/activity
- Your cycling power data during an exercise/activity
- Your cadence data during an exercise/activity
- Your involvement in any competitions, open activities, challenges, group rides, or any other motivating activations
- Experience points earned for an exercise/activity
- Muuvr earned for an exercise/activity
- Total experience points
- Total Muuvs earned
- Use of Muuvs
- Unlocked equipment, NFTs, and completed gamification elements
- Training Stress Score or other functional measures of performance
- Adjustments in ability
- Those you’re active with
- Sectors completed and their times
- Comments and Kudos given
- Transcripts from any chat conversations
- Hardware and equipment used
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use the Muuvr website or applications, we may automatically collect information, and this might include:
- Information collected by log files. This is collected when using the Muuvr applications, and it is used to help us bug fix and solve problems. It includes:
- Phone details
- Tablet details
- Computer details
- Network provider details
- Operating system details
- Device information details
- App version details
- Pages viewed and interacted with
- Purchases on the Muuvr Market Place
- Use of Muuvs
Information your share or we collect is generally shared publicly as part of creating the Muuvr experience.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Use of Information
The information we collect about you or that you share with us is used to improve and administer the Muuvr experience. We may also use this information to provide you with the service to which you are sharing the data, for example:
- Creating an account
- Logging an activity
- Starting an activity
- Sending messages
- Send details about app updates
- Provide your or others with customer support
- Improve and personalize the Muuvr experience
- Provide personalized advertisements, content, or features that match your interests
- Share relevant information with you about:
- Muuvr and brand partner open activities, challenges, group rides, and competition
- Marketplace offers
- Event search details
- Event registration
- Open activity creation, changes, results, and participation
- Group rides
- Create rankings, league boards, and leaderboards
- Analyze trends and monitor usage to provide insight and support for future products and services
- Detect, investigate, and deter sinister and illegal activities
- Detect and stop activity fraud
Devices connected to the MUUVR app collect location data. The Muuvr app also collects location data using your smartphone’s location services. This enables Muuvr to log activities and provide access to local experiences such as group rides, competitions, challenges, competitions, and sectors.
Sharing of Information
Sharing With Other Muuvr Users
At the core of the Muuvr experience is the need to share information about you and your activities with other users. This happens when you record activities and interact with the Muuvr app. The information we share includes the following:
- Your first name
- Your last name
- The country you have selected to associate your account with
- Location data
- Time data
- Performance details such as power and heart rate measurements
- Sector times and personal bests
- Level or ranking
- Position in events
- Activity type
- Chat messages
- Calculated metrics, e.g., HRTSS
Sharing Information with Third Parties
- We do not sell your personal information without seeking your explicit consent
We may also share your personal information for one or more of the following reasons
- As part of any negotiations for the acquisition, merger, or investment in Muuvr
- To abide by requests from law enforcement
- To enable consultants and service providers to complete work on our behalf
- For review by peers to ensure activity fraud is not taking place
Sharing Aggregated Data
Anonymized reports of Muuvr usage may be produced and shared publicly.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may provide advertising agencies with relevant information that will enable them to personalize advertisements and measure the performance of ads. We will never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie.
We only keep your personal information to enable your continued use of the Muuvr experience. We only keep it for as long as required to fulfill this obligation and for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
We also retain information as required by law, such as for tax and accounting purposes or as otherwise communicated to you.
If you have any questions or objections as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us (email@example.com). You may also select how some features work within the app.
You can update your account information at any time by logging into the Muuvr app.
To permanently delete your Muuvr account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and explicitly request the deletion of all account data. Our deletion process will then start.
Cookies and Web Beacons
“Cookies” are data files placed on your device or computer and often include a unique anonymous identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Most internet browsers make it possible to enable or disable cookies each time you interact with the Muuvr website
Email consent – We do not assume you want to receive promotional emails from us. You must take a conscious action to receive our promotional emails.
You can stop receiving these emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in the emails.
If you do decide not to receive promotional emails, we will still send you information that relates to your account and some interactions with our services, such as:
- Open activity details
- Muuvs spent
- Password reset details
- Changes to your membership
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
We may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You can withdraw your consent to process your data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information we collect and store during transmission and once in our custody. While we always use acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage method is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In case of a data breach of your personal information, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to limit and remedy the disclosure as required by applicable law. If you have any questions about the security of our Site and the Game, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Muuvr website and application are not promoted to any person under the age of 18. If you become aware that anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
We do not knowingly collect information from, market to, or accept services from persons under 18 years old. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information.
Google Health Connect Limited Use Disclosure
The use of information received from Health Connect will adhere to the Google Health Connect Permissions policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Effective Date; Policy Changes
Each time you use the Muuvr website and the application, the current version of the Policy will apply. Accordingly, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top of the Policy) and review any changes since your last revision.
This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
Transfers of Information
Transfers Outside of the EEA
To provide you with access to the Muuvr experience and the agreed services, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in destinations outside your country and the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
To facilitate the lawful transfer of personal data outside of the EU, including to our vendors. We rely on the Commission’s standard contractual clauses.
EU-US Privacy Shield
We do not currently participate in the voluntary EU-US privacy framework.
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the right, among others, to
- Access your personal data
- Ensure the accuracy of your personal data
- The right to have us delete your personal data
- The right to restrict further processing of your personal data
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence if data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information breaches data protection laws, you have a legal right to complain to a supervisory organization responsible for data protection.
You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights concerning your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following:
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents and who have provided the Company with “personal information” to request certain information about disclosing that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident with questions regarding this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Policy or the information collection and dissemination practices of the website or the Muuvr experience, please email us at email@example.com